Monday, August 29, 2011

A Fence for Hudson :)


It all starts when Steve gets ants in his pants...Sunday afternoon and Steve is studying in his office and I am relaxing outside. Next thing I know, Steve decides he needs a break and what better thing to do then put in our dogs underground fence!
So off to Home Depot I go to pick up a PetSafe underground fencing system and Steve finishes his assignment.
We knew we were going to have some difficulty putting it in because our driveway is connected to our neighbors driveway with only a small groove separating them...but we made it work!

We started by mounting the system in our garage and drilling a small hole through the side of the garage for the wires. We then began working on a system to get the wire in the ground. Steve was using the shovel and we had to be careful that he did not cut through the wire...or my fingers :)

Not sure whose flowers these are...ours or our neighbors, but they took a beating! Whoops :)

After this section by the garage we had to tackle the crack in the driveway...Steve took the easy job and sprayed water in the cracks. I had to sit my butt on the pavement shove the wire into the crack, and then grab the pieces of moss and mud that Steve sprayed out of the crack and shove them back in to hold the wire down...oh joy!
Don't I look like I am having fun!!

The rest of the project went smoothly although we had no idea our front yard was filled with roots....Steve was continually fighting with the shovel and has blisters to show for it...I have dirt under my fingernails that will probably be there for another three months...
One suggestion: Use gardening gloves!
When you are poor newly weds buying an underground dog fence, we decided we couldn't afford the gloves ;) slash we didn't even think about it before we began...oh well

All for the love of Hudson! Hope he is worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment