Monday, September 12, 2011

Sprucing Up Our Living Room

Once again, we are very thankful to Dave Williams for transforming our living room.
On the radio I heard that husbands and wives are more likely to fight in a yellow room...considering the majority of our house was yellow I was getting a little worried! Thanks to Dave that is no longer the case...Phew! I am sure there will never be any fights in our newly painted home ;)

First let me show you some pictures of little things we spruced up in the living room...

First, here are the tables I got for FREE off craigslist! We got lucky with these. They were asking 20 bucks so we went to check em' out. When we got there the guy spotted my dad in the car and asked him to help carry a heavy fish tank into his house. After that, the guy insisted we take them for free...Wahoo!
(there  is a matching coffee table)
So, I roughed the surface up with sand paper, primed it, and then painted it red (much to Steve's dismay)
Take note: Red is very difficult! It took one can of spray paint to prime the whole thing. I have now gone through 3 cans of paint and the surface still looks splotchy and rough...back to the hardware store I go! (finished product later)

The other little project I did was re paint the mirror above the fireplace.
Mirror before...Had to protect the glass. Thank goodness we had moving boxes and painters tape! I know most people would use newspaper, but hey I did what I could with what I had.

Now for our finished, new and improved living room!

Before:and......

AFTER!!

Notice our table and mirror!


Dave also got rid of the ugly burnt orange/terracotta color for us.

Before:




After:

Everything just looks more clean and fresh. It feels like we are living in a new house :) Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment