Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A working woman...

Life in the Krommendyk household has changed quite a bit since I have started working...
For example:
-Dinner is whatever is in the freezer
-Laundry sits in the basket way too long after it is washed
-Hudson spends a lot more time with his dad...and seems to be getting naughtier by the day (coincidence??)
-There are almost always dishes in the sink
-The house is not quite so clean
-Steve hardly eats (since I no longer pack his lunch..and he refuses to eat breakfast)

Things have gotten better as well:
-I no longer have ants in my pants
-I am much less anxious and a lot happier
-Steve makes the bed almost every day...Yipee!!
-Steve started doing the dishes...Hooray!!
-Our home, although not the most orderly is a much happier place :)

My life...
The last two weeks have been a lot of boring orientation, learning how to chart and getting a little refresher course on how to use IV pumps, move patients, and check blood sugars.
This week I actually started in the hospital and so far am loving it. I am confident that nursing is what God had planned for me to do and am so happy I found my niche. I absolutely love meeting patients and doing whatever I can to help brighten their day, even just a little. Cause everyone knows being in the hospital as a patient sucks, unless you are holding a brand new baby. I have heard that when I am off orientation and working on my own as an RN I will become frustrated with how busy I am and how little time I have to actually talk to my patients...I just keep thinking pshh you don't know me. I am a stellar time manager and of course will have time for all of my patients...we shall see though :)

Steve is still working hard studying his butt off. Things for him have definitely gotten more difficult since we got a puppy and I started work. Instead of getting up early and going to school for uninterrupted study time, he is stuck at home with Hudson who apparently is not a good study partner...go figure!
We are hoping things will settle down and we will work out a schedule that works for both of us and allows Steve to get all of his stuff done...

A day in the life of Hudson..
 6:00am-Wake up with Mom and Dad, run around like crazy and quickly pee outside
6:30am-Say goodbye to mom
6:30-9 or 11(depending on school schedule)-Cry in dad's office and pretend like I have to go outside, once dad let's me out run around the house as fast as I can and pick out as many of my underground fence flags as I can...while running. :)  Continue to whine, bark, bite, play, chew on dad till he leaves for school
11-3-Sleep in my cage...the morning activities were exhausting!
3-8-repeat same activities I did all morning :)
8-10 nap until bedtime

Here are some pictures from Hudson's escapade today...
I ran to the grocery store and upon returning home Hudson decided he wanted to play with the paper bags. They mad loud noises and were bigger then him...what fun!
I was making dinner and thought this was the perfect distraction for him and would do no harm...hah!


Naughty Puppy...naughty me for leaving important papers on the couch...he got everything!

AND...saving the best for last. This is a piece of what I get to wake up to every morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment