Sunday, October 2, 2011

A few more changes

I survived! I worked two 12 hour days (which is actually 13 hours) as an RN...in orientation that is. I love learning and getting a chance to be a nurse, but it is very overwhelming to say the least. I feel like I am learning so many things that I am forgetting the basics...which makes me look like a dumb blonde...but maybe I am being hard on myself.
In orientation, I am working with one nurse who basically supervises me. The first two days I was in charge of three patients which is manageable. Tomorrow we are stepping it up to three patients...eek! This week I am working 12's on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday...I am sure I will be exhausted! I am looking forward to Friday when I get to sit in on a joint replacement surgery :)

This weekend I am happy to share we got A LOT done on our house! After working all day Friday, I was pleasantly surprised when I came home to the smell of fresh paint. Steve painted our guest room, which was in desperate need of it. The previous owners loved burning candles which does not go well with light yellow walls. When we removed the switch plates we were disgusted to see how black/gray the walls were compared to what they should be. She also had at least one nail hole for every square foot of  wall space...which is a lot to putty and sand down!
On Saturday I touched things up and it looks a lot better. We still need to paint the ceiling which absolutely needs to be done, but we are dreading it. So it will wait till mid week.

Before:
We are happy to say we got rid of the ugly curtains! The only problem...we don't have anything to replace them with yet  :S. We will get it taken care of before our next round of house guests.
Here is a picture of the project in progress:


I also have a new favorite corner in our house. I was able to find a cute little desk and chair to refinish. I had before pictures on my phone that I was excited to share, but unfortunately my phone died this weekend...so here is the after picture of my corner :)
The desk was raw wood and is now black. The chair used to be stained oak and now is a cute red to match our coffee table. The clock was transplanted from the dining room and lamp from the guest room. I think it turned out pretty stinkin cute!!

Finally, we put up a little wall art in our dining room.
Note: I would not recommend doing this task with your husband or wife. Do it by yourself. Otherwise, you risk being laughed at for the way you use a tape measure and frowned at when the whole thing is just slightly unlevel...by like 1/4inch...psh It is not as easy as they say!

and close up...
All small changes that are continuing to make our house feel like a home! We love our big blue house and are looking forward to getting a new roof in the next couple weeks!

And finally, a picture of NaughtyPants...upset because I am blogging and not sitting on the floor playing with him...hah


He is getting smarter by the day! He knows how to sit, shake, stay and come!

Wish me luck at work this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment