Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lessons Learned!

It is official, we have been married for two months! I can't believe how many things have changed in our lives and that my sanity is still intact...it is a miracle! As many of you know, I do not handle change well and I am pleased to say I have done remarkably well with everything. At least I think so...Steve and my parents may think differently!

Things we have done in two months time:
-Got married
-Went on vacation to the Smoky Mountains
-Moved into a new house in a new city
-Steve started law school (no small task)
-I landed a job
-Bought Furniture
-Redecorated the house
-Got a dog!
-Visited family and friends as often as possible
-I started work
-Watched bills pile up
Things have been crazy...a good crazy. However, it has definitely not been an easy breezy 2 months. There has been a lot of laughter and a lot of tears (mostly on my part :) )

I also wanted to share a few of the random lessons I have learned...more than once. Apparently I am a slow learner...

#1: DO NOT put butter in the butter dish and leave the butter dish on the stove. It will melt everywhere when you use the stove.
#2: A little background first...because our house is so old there is no back flow prevent-er for water in our basement. We keep it closed so that if it rains our basement does not flood. Which means that whenever we use the basement toilet (which is very rare) or do laundry in the basement we have to manually open the valve. DO make sure you always open the valve when doing laundry! DO open it further then you think you have to...cause it takes a few turns to truly be open. If you try to do laundry with it closed you will flood the basement!
#3: DO NOT get the dog too excited before letting him out. He will pee on the floor if you do this.
#4: DO Put the dog in his cage while showering. In the bathroom with you is not sufficient because he will continue to jump in and out of the shower despite your many pleas to stop.    
#5: DO Make sure you are fully clothed before letting the dog outside. If you are not, the dog will inevitably run away and you will have to chase him in whatever you are wearing...

Just a few little insights into our crazy busy life here in South Bend!

Here is a picture of Hudson after he continually jumped in and out of the shower...
"What mom? What? I was just playing!"
Capturing Hudson's 2.5 seconds of being cute and calm...cuddling with Dad before bedtime :)

Finally, my favorite picture. This is what we get to come home to everyday! It is so beautiful! God is an amazing artist!


If only our new roof was on. The color would really pop then!

No comments:

Post a Comment