Friday, October 28, 2011

Survivor!

I thought I would let you all know that I am a survivor! I made it through my first two night shifts. There was high anxiety, stress, and many many tears...but I did it. Go Me!!
I just need to continually remind myself to be thankful that I have a job and have been given the gift of being able to take care of these patients who need my help/assistance. I must remember to be thankful that I am not the one sitting in a hospital bed, feeling exposed in a hospital gown and in pain from surgery or a car accident.

I also wanted to throw up a few pics for you!

We finally got our new roof! Just in time for me working nights...thankfully it only overlapped one day. While I was trying to sleep they were nailing in shingles above my head...joy!
Here is an older picture and then a new picture...I think it looks significantly better :)


The garage was in desperate need of 2 things. #1 a new roof or the insurance company would not cover us and #2 a good cleaning! There was a lot of stuff left in the garage from the previous owner. A bonus to having the roof done is that we had a dumpster at our house that we were allowed to fill to the brim...so we did!
It looks so clean and organized :)
I also found 3 of these windows....treasure! Can't wait to use a fun pinterest craft on them.

Finally, a picture of our tired Hudson. He has been so good the last few days. He sleeps with Steve at night and when Steve leaves for school in the morning and I get home from work...he sleeps with me again. I can't believe he is a puppy...he has been SO good. Today, he had a few shots at the vet and apparently it made him really tired...
We were also trying to train him with his electric fence again so he becomes crippled with fear from the warning beep. Today we even taped the probes so he could not get shocked even if he crossed the boundary...he wasn't taking any chance though. He sat in one place the whole time his collar was on. ha

Enjoy your weekend! It is back to work for me tomorrow night!









No comments:

Post a Comment