Thursday, October 20, 2011

Look at Me...I'm Crafty!

...and I can rhyme ;)

What a wonderful week it has been! Steve is on fall break and we have actually had time to hang out :) I am one happy wife! After working all weekend and Steve doing homework alllll last week we were so excited to have time to hang out on Monday.
I made some delicious monkey bread for breakfast and then we headed to Michigan City outlet mall to go shopping. I was looking for new work shoes, but unfortunately we found nothing good. Oh well...it was still fun. Then we took Hudson to the dog park which was an adventure. We took him home covered in mud, sand, and other dog's drool...yummy. Lucky for him, he got to take a shower with dad when we got home.
One tired puppy after the park and a shower :)
On Tuesday, Hudson had his first day of school at puppy Kindergarten. No surprise to us, he was the star of the class :) We realized how fortunate we are to have a puppy with such good behavior. All of the other dog owners shared horror stories including their dogs ruining all the furniture in their house, the dog pooping all over the floor, baseboards, and wall, and many other things...
We are loving our Hudsaroo even more!

Onto my crafting! I am so excited about it! Usually, I try to to do something crafty and it turns out just crappy...not this time! I am so pleased with my results. Thanks to Pinterest and step by step instructions from other bloggers my crafts are beautiful :)

Here are the supplies I started with:
(notice the M&M's and Diet Coke...Happy Day)
I was originally planning to make a yarn wrapped wreath with felt rosettes on it and a big "K" in the middle made from buttons...However, when I went to Hobby Lobby a Styrofoam wreath was 5 bucks and the little stick wreath was $3...a no brainer...a perfect fall decoration :)
Hobby Lobby has felt  pieces 4/$1..what a deal!
So I started by attaching a piece of felt to the back of the wreath...then drew a "K" with chalk and started placing buttons...I was nervous about this because I thought the buttons were going to look to "perfect" because the space was not big enough to make a thick letter...but it turned out pretty good!

Then I started working on the rosettes...which surprisingly were really easy!
You start with your piece of felt, cut out a swervy circle... then start cutting a spiral in the circle so you end up with a long spiral snake of felt. From there, take the end where you started cutting and start rolling it up in a perfect little circle (like you are making a cinnamon roll).Look how cute it turns out!

So finally, the big reveal :)
I am very pleased with it! I just didn't know where to put it...
So for now it is added to our mantle :) Cute!
NOTE: When using a Hot Glue Gun...Be Careful! I got it under a fingernail..Ouch! Although I was able to use my blister as an excuse to not do the dishes that night...the hot water just aggravated it :) There is always a silver lining!

I also wanted to make something with yarn...using the wrapped yarn wreath idea, I decided to wrap a big "K"
It was kind of a pain, but I am happy with the results. I started with a thin wooden "K" I got from Hobby Lobby and wrapped and wrapped...I actually felt like a knitter with the ball of yarn in my lap...a bit of a stretch, but hey :)

See look how cute :) I love the texture

Naughty Pants!
Notice he is running away as I am taking this picture...he knew he was going to be in trouble. For some reason he has an affinity for kleenex, paper towel, toilet paper, and dryer lint. He goes nuts for it! Unfortunately, he discovered the roll of toilet paper this week...he seriously checks to see if we accidentally leave the bathroom door open...if we do, he feels like he hit the jackpot and we always have a mess to clean up...yay!

And one cute picture of him playing in the leaves :)
We were trying to train him with his electric fence...however, the second we put his collar on he refuse to move an inch...hmmm

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love your crafts. I was just saying the other day how I need to do some craft :) I think I am going to make place mats. Sounds like your having a great week. Love you

    ReplyDelete